Friday, January 1, 2010

Say “Tata 2009” and “Halo 2010!”

Happy New Year everyone!
I stayed up till midnight to bang bells and shout but soon after I was ready for bed. I had a glass of kava with dinner and I think it made me tired. New Year day we ate together as usual at the nakamal, danced to string band music and watched some videos. Yes we watched videos because the community pitched in for benzene (fuel for the generator). Of course the selection is not great - either home made string band videos, compilation fight videos like of Mike Tyson, or straight to DVD type movies in America. Oh well at least it’s something and you can’t be choosy out in the bush.

For entertainment I’ve been reading a lot. Thank goodness for the kindle because in the last 2 weeks I’ve read 5 books.
The Red Tent
The Handmaids Tale
The Assassin’s Apprentice
The Royal Assassin
The Assassin’s Quest
All great books. Keep sending me more recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment