Monday, March 15, 2010

Get ready to bring mom home to meet the natives

It’s a sunny day here in Vila, finally. The last week has been raining non-stop and the cyclone warning was exciting – had to bust out my cyclone tracking map and all.

But I was so thankful that I was able to get off of my island and into Vila before the storm really hit and my mom made it in safely to Vanuatu. The last 3 days we have done some shopping for souvenirs & pirated copies of dvds and eating lots of delicious foods (all my favs that I only dream about when I’m home in my hut). It’s been so nice to live in a luxurious hotel and enjoy the comforts of hot water, a washing machine and air conditioning, however today I’m mentally preparing myself and my mom to go to the bush tomorrow.

I’ll have plenty of pics and stories to share when I come back to modern civilization in May about her trip to Tongariki (haha should be interesting) and other stories from Feb/Mar that I just didn’t have time to update the blog with – sorry.

Until then – lukim yu,

Lei Riki - Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment